[Typo3] Change default (external) target (extTarget) for page type External URL

Yomo Guiamo yguiamo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:16:25 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I'm trying to change the default target for external url's created via
the Page Module -> New Page -> External URL. For some strange reason, by
default the external target is set to _top, which in my opinion should
be _blank.

How do I change this? By the way, don't confuse this with links made
with the RTE! The targets for those links are completely different from
the one I'm talking about.

I've tried to do the following in the SETUP field of my ROOT template:

page.config.extTarget =    #doesn't work
page.config.extTarget = _blank   #doesn't work

In the TSConfig field of my ROOT template:
userLinks.target = _blank    #doesn't work either

I also tried (SETUP field ROOT template):
typolink.extTarget = _blank   #doesn't work

Does anyone have a clue where one can change the target for external
URL's made with the PAGE module??

Yomo