[Typo3] how to create backend submodules within custom main modules?

Christoph Singer singer at webagentur72.de
Sun Jun 19 10:02:14 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have made two extensions with backend modules. The first one should be
a new main module, the other a submodule.

At first, I created these modules using the extension kickstarter, the
second one being a submodule in "web" instead of my new main module.

In the menu the modules appear as expected, the first one as new main
module, the second as submodule in web.

Now I tried to change the second module to be a submodule of the first
main module instead of web.

In the ext_tables.php of mySubModule I changed the line

t3lib_extMgm::addModule("web","mySubModule","top",t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY)."mod1/");

t3lib_extMgm::addModule("myMainModule","mySubModule","top",t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY)."mod1/");

and in mod1/conf.php I changed the line

$MCONF["name"]="web_mySubModule";

$MCONF["name"]="myMainModule_mySubModule";

I thought that should be all to make mySubModule a submodule in
myMainModule, but it does not appear there. It simply does not appear at
all any more.

What is wrong? Is there something I forgot to change? How can this be done?

Thanks,
Christoph