[Typo3] 100 unnecessary lines of CSS in header of extensions not used

Jaco Graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Sat Jun 18 13:03:26 CEST 2005

Ok thx all for the help...

I have learned a lot throught this...
HOW to get rid of the uneccassary CSS from extensions not used in on
different sites in multi-site installation:
 ------------------ OPTION 01: ------------------
Configure TSRef  to put CSS in external file..

Michael's suggestion:

However, if you just want to remove the CSS definitions from your HTML,
then TSRef is your friend. Try this in your setup, and stuff will be put
in an external CSS file

config.inlineStyle2TempFile = 1

------------------  OPTION 02: ------------------
Completely remove CSS by setting the CSS stylesheet property to empty

Adam, Torsten & ROB's suggestion:

Now you install an extension. This extension brings lots of TS and CSS
into your installation and mabey into the headers of generated pages.
So, let's go to the TypoScript Objectbrowser on root template1 and check
the section beginning with

plugin.something...

Chances are, that the CSS from an extension is brought in by a line like

plugin.something._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE = all the styles.

If you click on the line in the TSOB you get a screen where you can
choose CLEAR OBJECT for this line. This will result in the following
line in your root-template1

plugin.something._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >

>From that minute on, there will be NO styles from that plugin in the
header of ALL pages that work with root-template1!

On the second site with root-template2, they will be there as nothing is
cleared in that template.

------------------  CONCLUSION: ------------------

I choose option 2 for most of my sites because it completely removes the CSS
not used. If I configure CSS to an external file it still ads to overall
download size. If I do need some of the CSS in future I will make use of
option 1 to keep CSS external

plugin.tx_indexedsearch._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_eeblog_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_srpuzzle_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_srsendcard_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_fdfx2cols_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_damdownloads_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_thmailformplus_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_bfteaser_pi1._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >
plugin.tx_quickpoll._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >