[Typo3] How to build a complex form?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jun 18 12:36:01 CEST 2005

Nick Weisser wrote:

> May I ask for some statements on how to go about creating such a complex
> form (not a mail form, but a form to be saved in the database). Writing
> a new extension is very time consuming and therefore please let me know
> if there is a shortcut to such an html standard job.

Well ... creating such an extension is NO big job using fe_adminLib.inc ...

Just setting some TS values and configuring some PHP arrays (TCA tables) and
you're done ... you most probably can do most with the kickstarter (Creating
the tables)

Just have a look at the "Direct Mail Subscription" "direct_mail_subscrition"
and on the "feuser_admin" extension ... Both don't have much code ...

You can also look at what TS they set with the TS Object Browser in
"plugin.fe_admin.fe_users"

greets,
Bernhard