[Typo3] UTF gets escaped in forms

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat Jun 18 09:49:10 CEST 2005

Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:
> I use UTF-8 charset for nmy site. Because of that, I have to convert
> all Russian strings in locallang.php files to Unicode (in the form of
> Н). Everything worked fine until I hit indexed search.

I have got also utf-8 sites. I have been doing the same mistake as you
are doing now wich is converting locallang.php to utf-8. The trick is
that locallang.php shouldn't be coded in utf-8. So if you have BE set to
utf-8 you can't edit it and translate under Typo3.
All you have to do is to get that file locally, open that file, set the
charset coding of that file to your language iso code and translate it.
No utf-8 here and it should works!

And yes... as a result locallang.php has lot of different coding. It was
strange for me at the beggining because I always thought that /one file
= one charset coding/ and setting diffrent charset coding would affect
previous one but it works somehow with Typo3.

Give it a try and write if it helps you!

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz