[Typo3] Indexed search with unicode (utf-8) typo3 content.

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:42:42 CEST 2005

> Right now very busy on multilangual portal. Remembering problems in the past with different charset in TYPO3 decide to move to utf-8. So far everything fine but:
>
> BE and FE fully support of Unicode thanks to
>  $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = "utf-8"  in localconf.php
> and
> config.metaCharset = utf-8 in setup.
>
> The problem is indexed search doesn't work with utf8 characters :( in my case its maltese LIKE  halla )
>
> Anybody managed to make it work?
>
> br
> BORIS

I have the same problem with my multilingual site (english + russian +
turkish). Everything non-ascii is stored as utf-8 in the tables. I
think that you will have to dig deep into index search's code and make
conversion from Unicode into ASCII and back again.

That's what I am going to try in the upcaoming days, even though I
don't like the sound of it :(