[Typo3] No thumbnails are created

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Jun 17 13:27:49 CEST 2005

Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:

> I wonder if an extension could be made that hooks directly into image
> processing of Typo....

Of course :)

I have a extension almost ready (Some finishing touches needed) which replaces
the Image Processing of TYPO3 done by ImageMagick by processing through "Gimp" :))
(http://www.gimp.org)

Well this is most probably not the most performant solution but it allows one
to do really nasty things with images ...

The only problem is that you need a Gimp on your Webserver which is rather unusal as
you would have to install X and so on ... (There exists a commandline-only version of Gimp
but I don't know how to compile it completly statical so it could get installed on a webserver)

greets,
Bernhard