[Typo3] auto-parse template: elements.str_replace doesn't work..

Piotr B. pj at work.hyhy
Thu Jun 16 11:30:46 CEST 2005

hi,

i tried to replace a custom-tag in my template, by using
elements.str_replace, but it failed. i know, probably it'll be some kind
of spelling error, or bad position of this property, but as usually - i
can't find it by myself ;)

the problem is, i've got some links in the template, that couldn't be
generated by typo3. i also have multilanguage site, based on the "one
tree concept", so i need to update this template-hardcoded links, to be
"language friendly".

my links look like: <a href="?id=20&L=#LANG#">blah blah</a> - and i want
to replace tag #LANG# with the language uid. i'm doing it with:

elements.A.str_replace.10 {
	value = #LANG#
	replaceWith = GP:L
}

just after setting the template file, and after cutting it into parts
[elements.BODY.all = 1 and so on..]

output goes without any changes [still #LANG# in the links]
i'm not sure if the "GP:L" is correct..

greets

--
pj at work