[Typo3] TYPO3 ready to use web site templates

Michael Scharkow^ mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Jun 15 12:30:45 CEST 2005

Kraft Bernhard wrote:

> I would make some in my spare time but the big problem I have is that I
> am no designer.
> I know about all that if-then-else programming stuff and about T3 but if
> I ever make a
> web-design (yes, I tried it) you probably will go to the toilet after
> watching it :))
[..]
> I think there are also quite some other people who have the ability,
> time and fun to do some
> templates but I guess not many people bring the ability to design,
> htmlize, cssize, and typo3ize
> a template ...
>
> Pherhaps we could make some if we distribute the work ...

The funny thing is that until now all involved people (including
Stephane and me) are *not* web designers at all. So while we have
considerable TS and packaging know-how, at the moment we're lacking
support from the design/HTML/CSS/accessibility front ;)

This is strange because I remember a lot of postings here which ran like
"I'd like to contribute but I'm only a html/css/dreamweaver expert". So
either we have managed to keep this people from the list, or they're
just not interested...

> A posting on the "design" newsgroup could bring us in some photoshop
> templates ...

I've done that with almost no success, so I'm not really optimistic
about that.

> Would be glad to see that thing starting ...

It is going on already, I got a reply from Stephane who will help, and
there will be a first release with a few templates soon. Anyway, we
still need help, e.g.
- checking, cleaning, modularizing the TS code
- checking and cleaning the HTML and CSS
- preparing new templates
- you name it

Stephane and I will possibly post a request for help, along with
submission guidelines and general hints.

Greetings,
Michael