[Typo3] Graphic as header, but only if defined, and method to define... ?

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 00:24:25 CEST 2005

I'm hoping there's already an extension that'll do what I want before I go
to the effort of figuring out how to make an extension myself that'll do
what I want.
After searching the extension repository it appears the closest extension to
what I want is mf_flashheader which allows you to define a swf file for each
page in the page header.

===What I want to do?===
I want to specify an image on every page in the Page Header (similar to the
mf_flashheader extension, but not necessarily a swf, though it might be
swf). But if a page does not have an image defined, I want to simply output
the page title wrapped in H1 tags.

===What I have right now...===
A template object in typoscript with the following:

# Substitute the main title hear
subparts.header = COA
subparts.header {
10 = HTML
10.value.field = title
10.value.wrap = <h1> | </h1>
}

Did I describe what I want to do well enough? Has anyone else already done
this? is there an easy way to do this? hints, pointers?

Thanks!