[Typo3] indexed search php broken?

Charles Rector crector at iexposure.com
Mon Jun 13 16:19:34 CEST 2005

I was performing some searches on my site again recently, and noticed
they were taking forever...

On my LIST page that is set to filter by category, it started ignoring
all but the very first category I passed into it (I pass in the filters
by making links such as: reportlist.0.html?tx_ttnews[cat]=29)...

So then I went to the Indexing menu item and switched to "List: TYPO3
Pages" and get a dozen or so PHP warnings at the top of the screen, that
look like this:

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in
/home/httpd/wilder.org/typo3conf/ext/indexed_search/mod/index.php on
line 320

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
/home/httpd/wilder.org/typo3conf/ext/indexed_search/mod/index.php on
line 322

The same thing over and over again.

When I looked those lines up, this is the code:

	function formatCHash($arr)	{
		reset($arr); // <-- line 320
		$list=array();
		while(list($k,$v)=each($arr))	{
		}
		return implode("<BR>",$list);
	}

Does anybody know why this is happening? I wouldn't know where to begin
debugging this.