[Typo3] typoscript subpage menu, How do I...?

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 08:54:21 CEST 2005

On 6/11/05, Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net> wrote:
> Jacob Floyd wrote:
> > I've scoured the TSref, and I can't figure out how to do what I want
> > in typoscript.
> >
> > I want to have a text menu with all of the subpages of the current
> > page appear on every page that there are subpages, but not on the
> > pages without subpages.
>
> Am I having a deja vu? Didn't Amr post the very same question three
> threads below? Did you read it?

Sorry, I haven't been following the list. I just read that and it was very
helpful, though I still have some question, as I seem to be doing some
things wrong.

> > Entrylevel doesn't seem to do quite what I want.
>
> Why? If there are not items in this entryLevel there won't be a menu.

I must be using entrylevel wrong because when I set the entry level to 0, 1,
or 2 (and I assume any other level) I get the top level.

For Example:
+Website level
|+Main Page Level
||+Page1
|||+Page1.1
|||+Page1.2
|||+Page1.3
||+Page2
||+Page3
|||+Page3.1
|||+Page3.2
|||+Page3.3
 I can only get a menu of Page1, Page2, Page3. How do I get a menu of
Page1.1, Page1.2, Page1.3 and same for 3.#

What am I doing wrong?

This is my code:
===========================
# Substitute the ###leftbar### subpart with left content
 subparts.leftbar = COA
 subparts.leftbar {
 20 = HMENU
 20 {
#Could use an if structure or something here to only output the menu if
there are subparts
 wrap = <br /><table width="95%" border="0" cellpadding="1"
cellspacing="0"><tr><td align="center"
 entrylevel = 1
 1 = TMENU
 1 {