[Typo3] Question regarding news and SINGLE view

Johan Dalström johan.dalstrom at clearit.se
Thu Jun 9 14:07:05 CEST 2005

Hey, everyone!

This might be a stupid question, but I cannot seem to solve it..

I've gotten the assignment to set up a new newshandler for our website. So I figured that the news ext for Typo3 would be a good way to go about it. I just started this process and I'm already stuck.

For me to be able to view a newsarticle I've been forced to set up a page with the news plugin as content set with the command SINGLE. The problem is that the page I use for viewing a single news item shows up in the menustructure under the newssection, something I do not want to happen. I'm sure there's an easy solution to this, but I have not been able to figure it out.

I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Johan