[Typo3] ldap_auth extension creates 'Array' FE user

Bas Hoonhout bas.hoonhout at drecomm.nl
Tue Jun 7 18:23:34 CEST 2005

I've a problem using the ldap_auth extension. I'm only able to log in via normal FE users that doesn't exist in the Active Directory that I use.
As soon as I use a username/password combination that exists in the Active Directory the devLog (t3lib_userAuth) tells me a user 'Array' is authenticated, but a session could not be created (in this case 'Array' is not the username I try to login with, of course). Also, a record for user 'Array' is created in the fe_user table.
In case I use a username from the Active Directory in combination with a wrong password, the usual error messages appear in the devLog and no session is created either.

Can anyone tell me what makes the authentication system use 'Array' instead of the provided username? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

- Bas Hoonhout (bas_hoonhout_drecomm)