[Typo3] Back simulate static

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:06:55 CEST 2005

Hi -

On 6/7/05, raluca oprean <raluca at sds.ro> wrote:
> Hi Christopher
>
> I've installed the "Static Info Library" extension and there is no change, simulating static documents doesn't work!
>

> - raluca oprean (raluca)

Sorry, somebody appears to have hijacked your thread - in other words,
they replied to it in order to ask their own question. I was replying
to the hijacked post which has nothing to do with simulate static
documents. If you click on the archive link above, you'll see that
Raouf Abrougui replied to your original message and changed the
subject line to ask his own question. Raouf, if you're reading this,
please start a *new* thread, and do NOT do it by replying to a message
from an existing thread!

Raluca, as for your problem, I'm no expert on Apache's rewrite engine,
but (as a starting point), the TSref [1] gives quite a different
sample .htaccess file than what you've posted in your message:

Unless you have some special configuration that requires different
rewrite rules, and as long as the rewrite module is available, you
should be able to get ssd up and running with the following minimal
configuration:

in .htaccess file:
====================

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule   ^[^/]*\.html$  index.php

in TS template:
====================

simulateStaticDocuments = 1

There are other TS options available for simulateStaticDocuments, but
try with just this configuration.

If you're using Typo3 on a Windows server, you may need to use the
PATH_INFO option as in Marlies' tutorial. If so, the most obvious
problem I can see with the TS you posted is that the following TS
properties:

#config.simulateStaticDocuments = PATH_INFO
#config.absRefPrefix = http:// www.sds.ro/

...are commented out. "#" is a comment marker in Typoscript, so the
two properties above will have no effect on your setup until you
remove the comments.

In any case, try reading the simulateStaticDocuments section in the
TSref (at [1]), and if you still have problems with it, post back with
more information about your setup (i.e. are you running Typo3 on
windows etc...)

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/quot_CONFIG_quot/