[Typo3] Proper e-mail encoding for extensions

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Tue Jun 7 16:49:21 CEST 2005

Jan Bednarik wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Some extensions (like sr_sendcard or ve_guestbook) don't use the
>> default e-mail encoding which has been set in TS:
>>
>> # Setting the encoding for outgoing e-mails
>> config.notification_email_encoding = base64
>> config.notification_email_charset = UTF-8
>
> They use the htmlmail class, not the notification mail function.
> Therefore this doesn't work. Update your class.t3lib_htmlmail.php from
> here http://www.bednarik.org/uploads/media/typo3_3.8.0_changes.zip and
> your e-mails should use forceCharset value as encoding.

Hi Jan,
I used your modifications on both /typo3/t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php
and /t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php, but the mails aren't displayed in
the right encoding (utf-8 in this case). Looking at the mail headers, I
noticed that the encoding directives are entirely missing.
How to add them?

Regards,
Ro