[Typo3] Footnotes working but not reliably

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Tue Jun 7 12:59:40 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have to use footnotes in tt_news context on a site. Therefore I've
taken the footnote.php script from

and modified it to fit my needs. This works great in principle but there
are 2 problems:

1. The footnotes are being generated on any page and displayed at the
bottom. Usually this will just be an empty string so that there's no
problem. However, sometimes the LIST context my tt_news where the article
with the footnotes is also listed but without the parts that contain the
footnotes, will also display the footnotes of the article. Till now
there's only one article with footnotes in the LIST so that I don't know
hat will happen if there are several ones. This happens on an irregular
basis and I haven't found out yet what triggers this problem.

2. The footnotes are only irregularly displayed in the SINGLE view. The
marks in the text will always be there but the part where the footnotes
should be is empty. It seems that the info from add() is not correctly
forwarded to show(). Probably

$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->setKey("ses","footnotecount","0");

is lost because this is the only explanation why there's not even the
footnote header.

// no footnotes => no output (footnotecount is one because of the "+1"
when \ fetching $footnotecount
    if ($footnotecount==1) {
    $footnote_footer=' ';
    }

Any hints how and where footnotecount could be lost?

BTW, I'm using Typo3 3.8

Christian

--
    Josef sprach zu seinen Brüdern: Zanket nicht auf dem Wege!

    1.Mose 45,24

    Ein  jeder  Mensch  sei  schnell  zum  Hören,  langsam zum Reden,
    langsam zum Zorn. Denn des Menschen Zorn tut nicht, was vor  Gott
    recht ist.

    Jakobus 1,19-20