[Typo3] Minute Website

or ko orko3001 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 4 12:46:12 CEST 2005

Right...

1 Who said use your real name and surname. I didn't see that post. And
anyway, incase what happens? It doesn't matter what name I use you will not
find out if it is real or not. How about if I use John Smith? Is that ok. Is
that my real name or not. Can you tell? It might be you know... Or it might
not. Like I said "Incase what happens?".

2 How else am I supposed to take that. You do not get to patronise me. I
have been working hard and spending a hell of a lot of time on this and yes
it hads been driving me nuts and yes I have got frustrated. But actually
part of this frustration has been caused by not incorrect information but
missing information.

Am I supposed to just know this stuff? If I don't automatically know this
stuff is there something wrong with me. I made some important and valid
criticisms and they should be listened to. There is a really bad attitude on
the internet that the only way you can produce or submit anything is by
having a Phd in everything to do with computers. And that just puts so many
off that have so much to offer. This is why I like typo3 - if I can
understand it and get it to work I can help other poeple to access the
internet more easily and creativly and they won't have to have a Phd in
anything.

BUT I need the information. And some of it isn't there or easy to find. I am
having trouble finding out how to get the log in forms to work. I am also
having problems getting the guestbook to work. I know how to add new content
and I know how to create users and usergroups but I can't get it to work. I
have looked through and read extensivly many tutorials and I cannot find out
what I am doing wrong. I have just installed the Minute Website and they
still don't work which I think means that I am not doing anything wrong I
just haven't been told what to do.

If you look at http://typo3.org/documentation/articles/minute-website/ you
would think it was easy but there are many things wrong with this. For
example this doesn't make any sence:

3. Grab the HTML template and dip it into the fileadmin/templates/ folder

Like I said in a previous post - what HTML file? It's the one from Modern
template building and anyway you need the res and image folder aswell.
Doesn't say that though...

And then just gloss over all the server error problems that came up. If
anyone went to that page they would think it was p*** easy to do this. Who’s
fault is that?

I am so willing to put in the hard graft to understand this but the
information has to be there for me to learn it. This is something that needs
to be addressed.

3 Don't take this the wrong way but I looked at your website and your
English is crap. Either try harder or give up. :p