[Typo3] Replace class.tslib_content.php output?

Marcel Douwstra marcel.douwstra at tros.nl
Thu Jun 2 12:59:09 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I;ve been trying to get some pages done with the standard content
functionality of Typo3 (maybe you've read my last message about this).

I just discovered that most of the HTML output is HARDCODED inline in
class.tslib_content.php which was quite a disapointment :( I was
assuming this was covered with template files or such that I could edit
but alas. I understand that there has already  been some ado about this
in the mailinglist in which people want this changed even though it
wouldn't be backwards compatible and such but that it isn't going to
happen anytime soon.

What I would like to know is :

Would you recommend me to change the class.tslib_content.php or build
replacing templates for output?

Changing class.tslib_content.php isn't a big deal by itself, but will
be a hassle with upgrading and such (allthough diffs can help).
Building replacing templates (and a extension to handle it) will
obviously be a lot more work but could be worth it.

Your opinions and advice would be much appreciated!

Thanx,

Marcel

*** TYPO3 FORUM: http://typo3.tros.nl ***