[Typo3] Problems rendering extended sr_feusers_register fields

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:33:35 CEST 2005

Hello Oliver and Rees,

Oliver says:

> In the template, you have to always use the full field names, inluding
> your extension prefix tx_healthregistration. So
> SUB_REQUIRED_FIELD_practice_type needs to be
> SUB_REQUIRED_FIELD_tx_healthregistration_practice_type etc. Make sure to
> follow the existing template parts concerning what to uppercase and what
> to lowercase.

...and according to Ries:

> the manual says to include the fieldname, you supplied the fieldname like this:
> practice_type
> But insteadm this is the complete field name:
> tx_Healthregistration_practice_type
>
> You need to change everything that just says:
> practice_type
> tx_Healthregistration_practice_type

Can either of you provide a reference? I'm trying out Stanislas'
"Adding fields to the registration form" tutorial, but a) it seems to
contradict you, and b) it doesn't seem to work either way :D

The contradiction (?) seems to be in the sr_feuser_register extension
manual [1], where it says:

"The HTML for a field named myNewFieldName in the CREATE, INVITE and
EDIT subparts would look like:

<!--###SUB_INCLUDED_FIELD_myNewFieldName###-->"

...but with no mention of the extension key. I also can't confirm that
the extension key must be appended to the field name in the
fe_adminLib.inc section of the TSref [2]. Anyway, I suspect I'm
mistaken about what I'm reading, so can either of you point out which
bit of documentation you're referring to?

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/sr_feuser_register/Tutorial_Adding_fie-1/#oodoc_part_6320

[2] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/fe_adminLib_inc/