[Typo3] Drag and drop in backend

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Wed Jun 1 03:53:13 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have just uploaded to TER an extension I just built that allows to move pages
around in the Pages treeview using a drag and drop with your mouse.

The reason for me to send an email to this list is to understand if this quick
hack should be developed further, or if that should eventually be proposed to
be made into the core.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/ss_dragdrop/

I have not yet built the documentation for it, as it would need a bit of a
rewrite if you guys think it would be useful to develop it further. Currently
it uses a quite ugly XCLASS, but I was not sure if that functionality would
justify a hook to be created for this (any experienced devs can you give me
your view on that ?)

How to use it : fairly simple, download & install the extension. Once this is
done you have the standard drag and drop in the pages treeview. You'll notice
that the pages you drop somewhere will be placed *after* the page you dropped
it onto. In order to change that behaviour and get the drag'n drop to place the
pages *within* the one you dragged it onto, you'll need to go back to extension
manager, choose the ss_dragdrop extension, and check the box next to the
[enable.dropCreatesSubpages] variable in the "Enable Features" section (in the
Extension manager).

Cheers,
Stephane