[Typo3] migration to utf8

Sun Jul 31 22:57:02 CEST 2005

Hi,
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>
>> Is they way to do it one of this proposals?
>

>> 3.) Do you set up a second DB with utf-8 code. Then you export,
>> transform, import, switch DBs.
>

> There are extensions to convert all fields of the database to utf-8
> (Just search for "utf" in the extRep)

double check, if the utf8 converter has converted every data. If you are
using different Charset currently in your installation, you'll have to
convert each pagetree to UTF8. IMHO the standard UTF8 converter won't
work on this :-(

We had problems with this converting metabo. So we basically written a
small php Script to run without TYPO3 to convert. Reply to my
is(at)marketing-factory(dot)de if you need this script.

> But notice that you will also have to change newsletter, fe-user admin
> and other HTML templates or Strings with Accented characters or umlauts
> in the "normal" HTML templates ...

And be careful with locallang.php to convert them to
> you will also need to convert those ...
>
> so it is nothing you can switch without having some down-time on your site.
> (except if you make a complete second installation and switch over to
> those)

Ingo
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung