[Typo3] Newsletter Subscription Plugin is not available for use

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Sun Jul 31 05:05:33 CEST 2005

I'm following the quickstart tutorial.

I've installed the newsletter subscription plugin, but when I go to the
newsletter page the newsletter content shows up with a red background
with the following text:

  Newsletter Subscription Plugin is not available for use

  Before you can use the subscription form ask your administrator to add
the Newsletter Subscription static template:

  More information about configuration of this plugin can be found at
http://typo3.org/doc+M58d9bafda6e.0.html

What has gone wrong?

I can't figure out where to "add the Newsletter Subscription static
template" - asking my administrator won't help - I am my administrator.

Going to http://typo3.org/doc+M58d9bafda6e.0.html does not help - it
just gives an introduction to the typo3 documentation.

Have I done something wrong, or is there something missing from either
the quickstart tutorial or the newsletter subscription plugin documentation?

Michael.