[Typo3] templavoila and bullet list (and links in new window)

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:28:04 CEST 2005

On 27/07/05, Dmitry Dulepov <typo3 at fm-world.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do you use any CSS styles with margin/padding for lists? I.e. does not
> display bullets correctly if you use these styles.

This is completely untrue.

IE and Mozilla based browsers achieve the indent of the bulleted list
differently. One uses padding, and the other uses margins. This means
it's easy to get into situations where the bullets are just outside
the visible area. The very simple solution is to make sure that you
start from a situation where the margins and padding are equal (or,
even better, set the margins and padding to zero for ALL elements and
specify them yourself):

Method 1:

/* Specify custom margins and padding on UL only: */
ul {margin:0;padding-left:30px;}

Method 2:

/* Set padding and margins to zero for ALL elements: */
* {margin:0;padding:0;}

/* Then redefine them as you need to... */
ul {padding-left:30px;}

-Christopher