[Typo3] Typo3 vs OpenCMS

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Jul 26 15:47:52 CEST 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just my two cents: I was really scared when I saw typo3 backend at the
> first time (thought: "too many things! I will never get in them!"). But
> after two or three months I was thinking how well and carefully it is
> organized and how convinient it is for daily usage :) Now I have a
> couple of non-computer people, managing a number of sites, creating a
> number of various pages every day...
>
> Typo3 is not really difficult as some people describe. It is like
> learning to drive a car: too scary at the beginning ("where is that damn
> clutch pedal?"), absolutely automatic in usage after a while. No stupid
> limitations, full power of doing anything you want... Not a "yet another
> software" but simply magic! :)
>
> Dmitry.
>
> P.S. And I think "a car" is a good comparison. This is not a bicycle
> (like many other CMSes). This is really a good car in CMS world!
> Universal and expendable to no limit...

kasper once did a comparison with a boing 747.
All in all it is the same over and over again... complex software takes
time to learn.
If you want the classical "two days and I gotta have my site up" thing
going on, go for nuke or other CMS solutions in that league. It might be
the better option.

If you want full flexibility and never want to hear yourself saying
"this can't be done with my cms" go for TYPO3

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;