[Typo3] css and direct mail

Pieter Jelle pieter.jelle at invalid.invalid
Mon Jul 25 13:25:04 CEST 2005

Peter Russ wrote:
> Pieter Jelle wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> I'm having a little trouble sending a newsletter with Direct Mail.
>>
>> The newsletter uses inline CSS <snip>
>
> Hallo Pieter,
>
> there are several mail programs on different platforms that CAN'T handle
> css correctly. I would recommend to look for an other solution if you're
> interested in in cross platform, cross mail program newslettering.
> Otherwise you should add a quote "best read in ..." :-(

Hello Peter

I have thought about that, but this newsletter does not use CSS for
positioning (which is the biggest problem). The specific bit of CSS that
I want to use is fully supported in both Thunderbird, Apple Mail and
Outlook Express, which pretty much covers our entire customer base, so
that shouldn't be a problem. Those users that do use a mail client that
does not support CSS properly (or Hotmail, for that matter), see a
gracefully degraded version of the newsletter.

Best regards
Pieter Jelle