[Typo3] css and direct mail

Pieter Jelle pieter.jelle at invalid.invalid
Mon Jul 25 04:48:06 CEST 2005

Hello all

I'm having a little trouble sending a newsletter with Direct Mail.

The newsletter uses inline CSS, and has a few references to image files
from CSS, like for instance :

ul li { background: url("images/arrow.gif") top left no-repeat; }

Direct Mail finds all references to images in a HTML mail, attaches the
images and changes the references in the source to refer to the attached
images and sends the mail. However, this doesn't seem to work for the
images referred to in CSS, as they don't show in the mail (while they do
work when opening the newsletter in the browser by its page ID).

My question is : can Direct Mail be told to leave the source untouched
and fetch all images directly from the server (like with dmailerping=1,
but that doesn't work with CSS) or can I fix Direct Mail to handle these
references correctly? If so, where? I have already tested a few things
in t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php , but that doesn't seem to have any
effect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Pieter Jelle