[Typo3] stupid questions?

Martin Jorgensen unoder.spam at spam.jay.net
Sat Jul 23 19:10:43 CEST 2005

"Dmitry Dulepov" <typo3 at fm-world.ru> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1122136149.4168.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Martin!
>
> I afraid you have choosen a hard way :) I would suggest to install
> Apache+PHP locally (there are many all-in-one installers on the net) and
> try typo3 locally.

I have already done that.

> Start from Quickstart pacakge walking though the site, then reading
> appropriate document from the typo3.org/documentation (there was
> something like "getting started"). This would give you the most general
> overview.

I have already done that. Well gone through at least half of it.

> Then do "modern template building, part 1" tutorial. Depending on how
> you feel, you can later continue to part 2+3 or jump to some other doc.

Ok.

> Having local installation is much better for strating. You are not
> limited in this case, you can do anything much faster, you will not have
> to overcome provider limitations at first.

That's why I installed it.

> When you played enough with typo3, when you feel stronger, you can go
> with installing typo3 on provider's server.

I've already installed it, as you can see on the link. No problems
installing it. What I don't understand is that you don't help really much
and answer the questions, but okay: helping a little is also fine for me.
I'll look at modern template building, part 1" tutorial and continue to part
2+3.

> Typo3 is not easy to learn (took me around 1.5 months with all my
> experience with different CMSes) but it is really worth. I doubt I would
> need any other CMS now. Typo3 is all anyone need...

That sounds good. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for your time, but
actually I was hoping for some more answers... Let's see if anything
happens...

Best regards,
Martin Jorgensen