[Typo3] Sort access selector box by title?

Joseph Mesterhazy jmesterh at iastate.edu
Fri Jul 22 17:42:31 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a test typo3 3.8.0 setup with over 1,300 fe_groups entries
imported from LDAP. When I go to a page header or content element,
and click on the access selector box, the groups are listed in order
of uid, which is basically random, and makes it very difficult to
find the exact group you want. I searched the list and found you can
change the default sortby to title with this in an extension:

$TCA['fe_groups']['ctrl']['default_sortby'] = 'ORDER BY title';

This worked when listing the groups in the backend using the web-
 >list module, however the access selector box is still not sorted.
Is there somewhere else in the TCA I need to change to make the
access selector sort by title?

Thanks!

Joe
--