[Typo3] sys_language_uid doesn't bite!

Jesper Weissglas jesper at seventhwave.se
Fri Jul 22 13:15:38 CEST 2005

Creating a multilanguage site using Typo3 3.8.0 + CSS Styled Content.
Following the instructions in "Multi language sites in Typo3"
I can't seem to get the system to switch away from the default language.

Web>List><root> shows "Website Language (1)" and lists English with [uid] 1.

I can see both Swedish (Default) and English content using
Web>Page><Homepage> with display mode "Languages" and I can switch
between Default and English language while in the "Columns" mode.

However, accessing <siteurl>/index.php?id=0 with L=0, L=1 or no L
parameter at all makes no difference, I still get the Swedish (Default)
page.

Looking at TS Object Browser shows
page.10.subparts.normalcontent.select.langageField=sys_labguage_uid

Below is the valid parts of my Template Setup (Large parts taken from
the HTMLCSS plugin, but I am not using that plugin, just parts of its code)

What on earth am I missing???

/Jesper

config.removeDefaultJS = 1
config.notification_email_urlmode = all
config.notification_email_encoding = 8bit
config.notification_email_charset = utf-8

config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = se

config.linkVars = L

# Swedish language, sys_language.uid = 0
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = se
config.locale_all = sv_SE
[global]

# English language, sys_language.uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_US
[global]

...snip menu & shared content stuff...

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
     # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
     # Select only the content between the <body>-tags
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

     # Fill the <div id="menu_1"> subpart with dynamic menu:
   subparts.menu_1 < temp.menu_1

     # Fill the <div id="normalcontent"> subpart with dynamic menu:
   subparts.normalcontent < styles.content.get

     # Fill the <div id="normalcontentshared"> subpart with dynamic menu:
   subparts.normalcontentshared < styles.content.getShared

...snip...

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10  < temp.headTemplate
page.headerData.20 = TEXT
page.headerData.20.value =  <link href="{$relPath}{$StylesheetName}"
rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />