[Typo3] FE user password stored in cleartext ?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jul 21 01:14:00 CEST 2005

Hi Mathias,

>> However this will break existing sites so we have to clearly think about
>> a proper solution.
>
> Why that?
> Simply make it a TYPO3_CONF_VARS value or implement it as PageTSConfig.
> This way it is switchable.

I think it should be set by default, that's why it will conflict with sites
who already have some fe_users.

We need an upgrade/convert script for things like this.

I suggest to start with collecting things like this (change the default
settings) in the Wiki first... (anybody who likes to start with this?)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out