[Typo3] TMENU wrapProblem

matthi matthibcn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:53:34 CEST 2005

Hi list,

this subject is driving me nuts and after experimenting with all the
diferent wrapTypes, as far as I know them, i still don´t get the desired
result, but I think there MUST be a way to archieve it:

So, this is the html-code for the menu:

As you might see, the a-tag is wrapping the whole stuff

parsing it through TYPO3 I am faced with something like this:

href="index.php?id=1" onfocus="blurLink(this);">Home</a> </span><span
class="cc">&nbsp;</span>

That makes sense, as TYPO3 ignores the original a-tag and wraps its own
around the | in the TMENU TScode....

But the result is something completly different from the original
idea..to implement a normal css-tabMenu...even if it looks the same, the
  link is active only within the a-tag and so is the hover-state, for
sure...

No doubt I could make the whole thing a GEMNU or something similar, but
why should I as I dont like JS at all and try to useit at the minimum
and can get the same "effect" with just pure css, at least outside
TYPO3, not to mention that I am dealing with just one image in the css
variation meanwhile I would have x of them using the GMENU approach

Now I am looking for a way I can tell "him" that he wraps the a-tag
around my spans...or bring them back in after wrapping or however it
makes sense to TYPO

Hope someone did that / something similar before as I am running out of
variations to test....

Thanks

matthias oesterle