[Typo3] Template on next level starts from one level deeper?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:40:14 CEST 2005

I created two root level templates, tempA and tempB.  I want only the
frontpage to use tempA and all other pages use tempB.  So I set tempB as
template on next level for tempA.  I thought SITE would use tempA and
the rest pages should use tempB.  However the actual result is SITE,
Overview and Departments all use tempA.  Policises, News, Dept1 and
Dept2 use tempB fine.

Page tree:
-------------
SITE
   Overview
     Policies
     News
   Departments
     Dept1
     Dept2

The question is why Overview and Departments use frontpage template
(tempA) rather than subpages template (tempB)?

Where should I check?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bing