[Typo3] Banner change according with menuitem

Olaf Groß olgross at principio.de
Mon Jul 18 15:14:26 CEST 2005

Gideon So schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> 	I am going to make a template with TV. I need to change a banner
> (image) according to the menuitem. That means when a user click on
> menuitem1, the banner image underneath change to image1 etc. IS it
> possible and how to do it??
>
> Gideon

Hi,
I had to change a logo for different submenus and solved it with this
script in the constants area:

[PIDinRootline = 1]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_dummy.gif
[PIDinRootline = 5]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_opel.gif
[PIDinRootline = 3]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_peugeot.gif
[PIDinRootline = 4]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_saab.gif
[PIDinRootline = 2]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_hyundai.gif
[PIDinRootline = 82]
tmpLogo = fileadmin/images/logo_nissan.gif
[global]

in the setup you can reference the Image like this:
marks {
	MENU_LOGO = IMAGE
	MENU_LOGO.file = {$tmpLogo}
}
This means that your template should have a marker named MENU_LOGO (or
whateveryoulike)
There is another way with the Storage Folder; its all in tsref and tsbyex.

hope this helps

Olaf