[Typo3] Download section - client login

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jul 18 09:10:12 CEST 2005

Albert van der Veen wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have the following situation: a website for a client needs a
> loginsection where their clients can download files (every client has
> his own specific collection of files - the site is for a  company that
> produces videos for clients, clients can preview their video in the
> download section). So I guess I need an extension that enables them to
> create a folder for a client, manage files in this folder, and connect
> the client to this folder (FE login).

Lot of work.
You would have to create a usergroup per user.

> In the TER I see 2 extensions:
> NF-Download and Secure Downloads - is one of them suitable for my needs?
> Or do you have other suggestions to accomplish this? Thanks for your help.

If this was a task for our company I would patch nf_downloads so that
you can select a user (or several users just to be flexible) for each
download. This would mean less work because you would not have to create
a usergroup per user AND you could manage all downloads on one page.
Might get a little messy in the BE if you have 30 users with 10 files
each, but still doable.

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;