[Typo3] TIMTAW and $GLOBALS['BE_USER']

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:02:22 CEST 2005

I've been trying to get the new timtaw (TYPO3 is more than a wiki)
extension up and running but I'm having some problems with the global
variable for the backend user, stored in $GLOBALS['BE_USER'].

I've been able to confirm that the extension gets called properly and
within the scope of the login hooks that create the virtual backend user
(class.tx_timtaw_login.php), $GLOBALS['BE_USER'] is set.  However, when
the actual plugin itself is executed (class.tx_timtaw_pi1.php), the
BE_USER has disappeared from the global array and the frontend editing
is not possible.

To debug, I modified the extension code to work with a logged in backend
user and actually logged in from the backend. It works correctly in this
case so I think it is definitely an issue with $GLOBALS['BE_USER'].
Also, I first tried the extension on an existing install of 3.8 and then
reverted back to a clean install of 3.8 with the dummy package where I
saw the same symptoms.

Anyone have some advice on how to get timtaw running?

Thanks in advance for you help,
Jeff