[Typo3] sr_fe user register + FILE upload

racco raczek at open.infi.pl
Thu Jul 14 04:32:07 CEST 2005

Hello!

I have a problem with SR FE USERS registration. I wanted to add a new field
type=file to enable my visitors upload their articles in doc, pdf etc during
registration. So I followed the tutorial, used Kickstarter and added a
field. Then I configured sr_feuser template. But there was no effect. No
file selector on my page. So I started digging in code.

In ext/sr_feuser_register/pi1/class.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.php in function
displayEditForm($origArr)
I discovered :
$markerArray = $this->addFileUploadMarkers('image', $markerArray,
$currentArr);

so this entry in $markerArray was set to 'image' var. So I added my entry
like this

$markerArray = $this->addFileUploadMarkers('tx_feusersnew_file',
$markerArray, $currentArr);

I did the same thing also in next function displayCreateScreen($cmd =
'create')

It worked, I had my file selector on my screen displayed.
BUT, each time I was trying to add any file, even the smallest one, jpg, txt
whatever it was always saing me that I added nothing (I made this field
required via sr_feuser constants formRequired).

Can anyone tell me why this is not working as it should?

greetings,
tom