[Typo3] simulate static docs .htaccess rewriting user_dir's

Alan Boyce aboyce at radford.edu
Thu Jul 14 01:55:20 CEST 2005

I have the following rewrite rules listed in httpd.conf

                 RewriteEngine On

                 RewriteRule ^/typo3$ - [L]
                 RewriteRule ^/typo3/.*$ - [L]

                 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
                 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
                 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
                 RewriteRule .* /index.php

when i go to http://www.example.com/~userdir I get my typo3 pages and
not the user's public_html folder.  Does anyone know how I can make
it let me go into ~ directories and still use simulate static docs"

alan