[Typo3] Can one install Typo3 on a shared server with an FTP program?

Sly Sylvester sylvaline2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 23:05:37 CEST 2005

Hello Christoph,
Thanks so much for the tip.

As said the error I received is clearly marked in RED
which says: typo3temp/ directory does not exist.

But unfortunately, the "typo3temp" dir is not created
or is nowhere to be found. So there is no way I could
CHMOD (777) this dir.

That's the problem.

In 1: Basic Configuration
it says; typo3temp/ directory does not exist.
a dir which does not exist how can you CHMOD it?

And in 5: typo3temp/
it says; typo3temp/ not writable!
You must make typo3temp/ write enabled before you can
proceed with this test.

I am not new to SSI customization and I guess this is
a real challenge and I am a bit confuse.

I hope this gives you the real picture of the problem.

Thanks again in advance.

Sylva

--- Christoph Koehler <christoph.koehler at gmail.com>