[Typo3] Typo3.8 Flash Embed Horror

Al Heikkila kalanh at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 13 02:24:39 CEST 2005

Hi Jean,

I am developing this site one directory above the htdocs root of the live
site.  Normally this isn't a problem since I believe in relative links, but
my Flash troubles arise from the use of another handy extension: RealURL!
In the root TypoScript template I setup config.baseURL = [root] which
effectively made all of my links absolute.

Right-clicking on the Flash apps only revealed "could not load movie".  I
only caught on because of one image link that is hard-coded in my HTML
template.  The link was broken and I was able to see that the source was
relative to the real root of the site and not the dev/ folder I created for
testing.  Judge not the Typo engine lest ye be judged yourself!

Alan Heikkila

>Hello Alan,

>I'm not sure to understand your problem...
>I'm using Typo3 3.8 and .swf files without any problem... Can you describe
>exactly what's happening on your t3 installation, and how you are placing
>your flash files?

- - -