[Typo3] How to provide a diferent pages depending on some condition

Carlos J. Escudero cjescudero at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:12:46 CEST 2005

Hi list

I am developing a new site were the homepage will redirect to some page ID depending on some external features (i.e. the time of the day).
That is, from a browser we will access to the main page, for example www.mysite.com, and the provided page will be one of the site with
id=xx, where xx is determined by a specific php code (as a function, for example, of actual date/time).

I am looking how to do it without using javascript (i.e. redirection from the browser). The first idea that I found was changing the index.php
or one of the called functions (in particular the checkAlternativeIdMethods() from tslib/class.tslib_fe.php). However, is there any standard
way for that?

Thanks in advance,
- Carlos J. Escudero (cjescudero)