[Typo3] Macina banners and ImageMagick 5.4

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Fri Jul 8 23:00:49 CEST 2005

Hello tapio,

First, I can't answer your question in how prevent Macina Banners to use
ImageMagick. But I can give you some others ideas to solve the problem. ImageMagick
5.4+ is probably the worst version to use together with Typo3. It's much
better to use the older 4 version (look at typo3.org), newer versions from
6.1.x and up, or GraphicsMagick.

I have tested Macina Banners with both ImageMagick 6.1.x/6.2.x and GraphicsMagick,
and haven't had any big problems with the images beiing ugly. Of course,
I always make the bannerimages in the correct size for the banner.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no