[Typo3] default site language

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Jul 8 14:54:35 CEST 2005

Kovács Lőrinc wrote:

> Is there anyway to set the default site language?
> It installs with English, and i want to change it to Hungarian.

1. if you want to set BE labels to Hungarian
  a) search in ext manager for csh_xx where xx is 2 letter shortcut for
your language and install the ext
  b) go to "user settings" and choose hungarian language

2. if you want to set BE charset to yyy
  a) go to 'install' and set 'forceCharset' property to whatever you
like. I think utf-8 is quite good one to choose. Then make FE to utf-8
either.

3. if you want now to set FE to Hungarian add in RootTemplateTS
  config.language = xx
  config.locale_all = xx_XX

4. if you want to set FE charset add in RootTemplateTS
  config.metaCharset=yyy  /again utf-8 is good to choose but do whatever

                          /you like

now every extention' labels that has translation and does FE output
should be in Hungarian and output with charset you choose.

--
grtz
Krystian