[Typo3] user groups - newsletter - preferences

racco raczek at open.infi.pl
Fri Jul 8 00:24:36 CEST 2005

Hello!

Please tell me what will be the best solution for me.

I wanted my users to choose their preferences during registration process.
Then I wanted to put them into the user groups corresponding with their
preferences. Finally I wanted to send them personalized emails - not to all,
but to members of specific group.

I know it is impossible now to associate user to a group basing on his
choice in registration form. So I decided to give up on it. But tell me how
can I do this, if I want to send my users personalized emails. I was trying
with Direct Mail ext. but it seems very complicated. I know that in
sr_feuser ext there are fields (multiple checkboxes) which are somehow
associated with Direct Mail, but I do not know how.

I hope you will give me a hint.

What is important - I want to have those users in separete frontend user
groups, because each group will have different access privileges. So I
really do not know what to do....

raczek