[Typo3] Question about FE groups and ldap_* extensions

Joseph Mesterhazy jmesterh at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 7 20:28:28 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am using the LDAP_SERVER extension to sync our frontend users with
our ldap directory. This is working great, however there is a feature/
bug that I am having trouble with.

Whenever a FE user logs in, the user's group membership is
synchronized against the ldap field I specified, it works great.
Only, during this process, it removes group entries for that user,
that are not in the ldap! I tried setting the 'handleNotFound' to
zero, and it didn't help.

This is unfortunate, because I have no control over our ldap, so I
need to add FE users to groups that only exist in the Typo3 FE group
table. But the next time that user authenticates, the typo3 groups
all get deleted from the user record because they are not in ldap.

Does anyone know a way to fix this, while still keeping the group
sync functionality?

Thanks,

Joe
--