[Typo3] TS in extension kickstarter goes where?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Thu Jul 7 09:37:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

Jane Larsen schrieb:
> I wish to check how my TS from extension kicstarter i written, where
> should I look (which file and where in my extension dir is this
> located)?
>
> Problem is I have written some TS in "Static TypoScript  code". The
> codes works fine when I write it in the template of the site using
> this extension but not when I put it in the extension kickstarter...
>
> Am I using it wrong or are there something else at stake?

Come on, a quick look should have told you where the TS has gone. ;)
I remember also this topic has been on one of the lists recently.

Afaik the kickstarter uses a deprecated method to add the "Static
TypoScript code". I think Kickstarter creates the file
EXT/ext_typoscript_setup.txt or similar, which then gets included by
TYPO3 by default(at least it had been that way in earlier versions).

Prefered way imho is to rather use a snippet like this:

// Add to: "Include static file from Extension"
t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'static/example/','example
Typoscript Config I');

Be aware to only set this on a path, not a single file! A file
'setup.txt' should be present in that path.

This way the TS-Template can(and needs to) be enabled in the template in
the "include static from extension" selectbox. Also it is easy to
provide different TS-Setups. See EXT:tt_news for example.

In any case remeber to clear caches if you change any of those files!

HtH,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag