[Typo3] Keep menu in all templates (not just the subpages to the template)

Anne-Marie Krogh amk at rosencommunication.dk
Wed Jul 6 13:14:19 CEST 2005

Hi there

I hope someone can help on this.

I have the template on the frontpage
And need a different template on the subpages.

But when I put the template on the subpage ­ the menu only shows subpages to
that page (if any ofcourse)

How can I make the menu show the entire page-tree and not only starting from
current page?

I think I saw something about defining level ­ can I do that?

Here is my setup:

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
    # Read the template file:
  content = FILE
  content.file = fileadmin/rosen/html/forside.html

    # Here we define which elements in the HTML that
    # should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
  elements {
    BODY.all = 1
    BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

    HEAD.all = 1
    HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
    HEAD.rmTagSections = title

    TD.all = 1
  }

    # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
  relPathPrefix = fileadmin/rosen/
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
    # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
    # Select only the content between the <body>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

    # Substitute the ###menu### subpart with some example content:
       subparts.menu= TEXT
       subparts.menu < temp.menu

    # Substitute the ###spalte1### subpart with some example content:
  subparts.spalte1 = TEXT
  subparts.spalte1 < styles.content.get

    # Substitute the ###spalte2### subpart with some example content:
  subparts.spalte2 = TEXT
  subparts.spalte2 < styles.content.getLeft

    # Substitute the ###spalte3### subpart with some example content:
  subparts.spalte3 = TEXT
  subparts.spalte3 < styles.content.getRight

}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate {
    # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
    # Select only the content between the <head>-tags
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.bodyTag = <body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0">

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10  < temp.headTemplate

Sincerely Anne-Marie.