[Typo3] language versioning in extension (content, maybe headers)

Jane Larsen noesgard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:01:19 CEST 2005

I wish to select som content from my database based on the language selected
in my FE (eg. L=2).

(Have made an extension through the kickstarter and are modifying the class
file now...)

How can I change pi_list_row(), pi_list_header and/or getFieldContent()
functions to achieve this? (my guess is to modify these functions, maybe
there are other ande better ways)

That is lets say I have a description field I want to show FE but I have two
(or more) fields in the DB table, like:
Description_uk
Description_de

If the L variable is 2 I want the de description field used...

Does this make sence? And do you have any good ideas for solutions?

//Jane Larsen