[Typo3] 404 error handling but 200 is returned and logged.

Nate Russell nate at chillmost.com
Tue Jul 5 02:09:06 CEST 2005

I got the 404 Error handling Extension working but I noticed in my
server logs that even though it works when a page is missing or not
found, it still returns a 200 http status code to the visitor. Getting a
true 404 would of course be better for letting search machines know
about dead links, especially after relaunching a website.
I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just limitation
of the extension.

Anybody else had the same problem?
Thanks,
Nate