[Typo3] Login Screen Image Rotation Mini-How-To Available

Olray Dragon olray-dragon at allanime.org
Sun Jul 3 16:59:31 CEST 2005

http://www.allanime.org/?id=143

Excerpt from the article:

---
The TYPO3 backend login displays a nice image left of the actual
username/password login box. Currently (3.7) an image of a pair of
gloves is used. If you happen to install the CVS version of TYPO3 the
image will differ from what you're used to see. I remember a yellow
flower in older versions (3.6) of TYPO3 an image that is still present
in /typo3/gfx/ named loginbox_image_360.jpg. What's happening there?

TYPO3 has a very cute feature which changes the login box image on
certain circumstances. The code is actually in /typo3/index.php.
Browsing this code I found another great feature: TYPO3 is also able to
„rotate“ images given in a certain directory! All you have to do is,
point TYPO3 to this directory. TYPO3 will load all image files in this
directory and display a random image.

The way to show TYPO3 this directory is by setting the variable
$TBE_STYLES['loginBoxImage_rotationFolder'] = path_to_dir/

Unfortunately there is no way to to so without some programming. The
TYPO3 init script explicitly deletes the whole array before initializing
the backend. The only way to set variables is by creating an extension.

This super-short Mini-howto will tell you how to set up this wonderful
feature in 5 easy steps.
---
http://www.allanime.org/?id=143